June is our first winter month of the year here in Middle-earth and we have some great experiences lined up for you!
We begin our adventure and meet as a group with a welcome buffet lunch followed by the brand new Auckland Weta experience! The next day we set off to the Shire and the adventure only gets better from here!
Special to this Tour:
- New Auckland Weta experience
- World Famous Waitomo Glow Worm Cave experience
- Special Movie Guest in Auckland and Wellington
Also Included in this tour:
- Auckland Welcome Dinner
- Hobbiton day tour and festive lunch in the Green Dragon Marquee
- Optional activities available in Rotorua: Tree Top canopy Tour, Maori Cultural dinner and show, Polynesian Spa hot mineral pools.
- Trollshaw Forest movie site visit and extended tour
- Opportunity to visit the world famous Waitomo Glow Worm Caves
- Weta Workshop extended behind the scenes tour
- Exclusive Weta Cave discounts for Red Carpet Tours passengers
- Special prosthetics display with senior Weta Artists
- Presentation from special movie guest (LOTR and/or The Hobbit)
- 'Get off the road!' movie site visit
- Presentation from The Lord of the Rings Map Maker and Calligrapher, Daniel Reeve
- Domestic flight from Wellington to Queenstown.
- Opportunity to Bungy jump over the River Anduin
- Visit the beautiful gold mining village of Arrowtown
- Visit 7 fantastic LOTR movie locations at the beautiful Mavora Lakes
And so much more...
- Queenstown farewell dinner.
Dates for this Tour:
6th - 17th, Monday - Friday
4th - 15th, Monday - Friday
1st - 12th, Monday - Friday
This was a trip of a lifetime. I honestly couldn’t imagine seeing Middle Earth any other way. Julie is amazing and truly cultivated an experience that I will treasure forever. If you’re thinking about booking this trip—just do it. I promise that you will have the time of your life.
Traveling New Zealand with RCT and Julie was amazing. It was the trip of a lifetime (but I hope to do it again!). It was very well put together and we got to see such amazing sites and do so many awesome things. I can't even name what my favorite part of the whole tour was because it was...
From first contact with the James family, and the Lord of the Rings-Red Carpet Tours, you are in the best of hands. You expect so much on the tour but you receive so much more. I came back from my first tour believing I'd never have a better, truly satisfying experience, and they could...
With Julie James as our guide (Feb. 2018) on the 14 day tour... it was excellent! She always took every effort and opportunity to see to everyone's requests. The hotels we stayed in were wonderful. The meals were delicious. But the tour itself??? Awesome!!! We had big LOTR and the Hobbit...
I went solo and am a bit of an introvert, but Julie and the rest of the tour members made this an unforgettable experience and made me feel right at home. This was number one on my bucket list and it exceeded my expectations across the board. If you're contemplating booking this tour, just...
My second tour through Middle Earth (New Zealand) was just as wonderful as the first, the locations you are taken to are just amazing. Best suited for people with interest in the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit films, you make so many friends throughout your journey that you become your own...
This is the best and ONLY way for a LOtR/Hobbit fan to experience New Zealand. Julie and her team are fantastic, knowledgeable people who, you can tell, put so much time and effort into making sure your experience with them is an amazing one! You will not regret choosing them as your guides...
Red Carpet Tours is a fabulous company - been with them 3 times. I agree with others posted here that it is the BEST way to see New Zealand, especially if you are a "Lord of the Rings" and "Hobbit" fan - and even if you're not! From all the Magnificent New Zealand...
Just concluded my third trip with Red Carpet Tours. 5 stars for the 3rd time running! Excellent planning and attention to detail by the James Family and fabulous guiding by Julie. Once again, a very lovely, friendly ‘Fellowship’ of travellers with a common interest. You might expect...
Everything about this tour was amazing! Our tour guide Julie is a true LOTR fan, and made sure everybody was looked after. The locations were well researched and meaningful. Even after the tour ended, Julie has kept in touch as we all went our separate ways and travelled home to various parts of...