June is our first winter month of the year here in Middle-earth and we have some great experiences lined up for you!
We begin our adventure and meet as a group with a welcome buffet lunch followed by the brand new Auckland Weta experience! The next day we set off to the Shire and the adventure only gets better from here!
Special to this Tour:
- New Auckland Weta experience
- World Famous Waitomo Glow Worm Cave experience
- Special Movie Guest in Wellington
Also Included in this tour:
- Hobbiton day tour and festive lunch in the Green Dragon Marquee
- Trollshaw Forest movie site visit and extended tour
- Opportunity to visit the world famous Waitomo Glow Worm Caves
- Weta Workshop extended behind the scenes tour
- Exclusive Weta Cave discounts for Red Carpet Tours passengers
- Special prosthetics display with senior Weta Artists
- Presentation from special movie guest Jed Brophy (who played many characters from LOTR and Nori from The Hobbit)
- 'Get off the road!' movie site visit
- Presentation from The Lord of the Rings Map Maker and Calligrapher, Daniel Reeve
- Optional kayaking activity through the 'Dwarves in Barrels' movie location
- Optional helicopter flight to the 'South of Rivendell' movie site
- Visit and meet the original 'One Ring' makers
- Re-enact King Theoden's charge on the mighty Pelennor Fields LOTR movie location
- Visit the stunning 'Laketown' movie location from The Hobbit
- Visit 7 fantastic LOTR movie locations at the beautiful Mavora Lakes
And so much more...
Dates for this Tour:
7th - 21st, Monday - Monday
12th - 26th, Monday - Monday
9th - 23rd, Monday - Monday
There is a reason that this company is the premier in its field. I’ve been home for almost a week now and I’m still struggling to comprehend how incredible my experience with Red Carpet Tours was. This was hands down one of the best things I ever have, and likely ever will do in my...
This was a trip of a lifetime. I honestly couldn’t imagine seeing Middle Earth any other way. Julie is amazing and truly cultivated an experience that I will treasure forever. If you’re thinking about booking this trip—just do it. I promise that you will have the time of your life.
From first contact with the James family, and the Lord of the Rings-Red Carpet Tours, you are in the best of hands. You expect so much on the tour but you receive so much more. I came back from my first tour believing I'd never have a better, truly satisfying experience, and they could...
Red Carpet Tours is a fabulous company - been with them 3 times. I agree with others posted here that it is the BEST way to see New Zealand, especially if you are a "Lord of the Rings" and "Hobbit" fan - and even if you're not! From all the Magnificent New Zealand...
My second tour through Middle Earth (New Zealand) was just as wonderful as the first, the locations you are taken to are just amazing. Best suited for people with interest in the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit films, you make so many friends throughout your journey that you become your own...
Just concluded my third trip with Red Carpet Tours. 5 stars for the 3rd time running! Excellent planning and attention to detail by the James Family and fabulous guiding by Julie. Once again, a very lovely, friendly ‘Fellowship’ of travellers with a common interest. You might expect...
Traveling New Zealand with RCT and Julie was amazing. It was the trip of a lifetime (but I hope to do it again!). It was very well put together and we got to see such amazing sites and do so many awesome things. I can't even name what my favorite part of the whole tour was because it was...
With Julie James as our guide (Feb. 2018) on the 14 day tour... it was excellent! She always took every effort and opportunity to see to everyone's requests. The hotels we stayed in were wonderful. The meals were delicious. But the tour itself??? Awesome!!! We had big LOTR and the Hobbit...
I don’t have enough good things to say about this incredible experience. Our guide Julie is so knowledgeable and fun about everything LOTR AND New Zealand in general! My husband and I went for our belated honeymoon and I would do it all again in a heartbeat. You’re fed like Hobbits...
Taylor & Nick L
Everything about this tour was amazing! Our tour guide Julie is a true LOTR fan, and made sure everybody was looked after. The locations were well researched and meaningful. Even after the tour ended, Julie has kept in touch as we all went our separate ways and travelled home to various parts of...